Before modern dental technology, no one ever heard of the term Cosmetic Dentistry. Today, the variety of treatments available to transform your smile causes people to misunderstand the difference between cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry. It is easy to get caught up between the two. Understanding the difference is important so that you’re able to choose the correct treatment for your oral health needs.
So, What’s The Difference?
General and Cosmetic dentists are two of the more popular variety. The term cosmetic relates to treatments intended to transform your physical appearance. Therefore, cosmetic dentists work on your teeth to ensure they’re more aesthetically pleasing to show off your smile in public. If you’re confidence is low and your smile is hidden, visit a cosmetic dentist.
In the past, when you visit a dentist, you visit to correct dental problems that you may have. A general dentist is skilled in making sure basic and preventive procedures are performed to correct those dental problems. For example, if your mouth is in severe pain, or you feel your tooth is cracked or decayed, you’d visit a general dentist who would perform medical examinations on your teeth and advise and perform the necessary treatment.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
For that aesthetically pleasing smile, a variety of treatments are available that will keep you smiling for the long-term. Depending on your needs, here are the more popular cosmetic treatments:
- Teeth Whitening – Lighten the colour of your teeth and remove extrinsic stains.
- Porcelain Veneers – Remove any discolouration, cracks and chips with permanent veneers
- Dental Crowns – Place a tooth-shaped “cap” over your tooth to hide any stubborn stains
- Invisalign Braces – Straighten your teeth with clear Invisalign braces and smile with confidence
- Check-Up and Clean – Keep cavities and bacteria at bay with scale-and-polish treatment
The cosmetic dentist will be in the best position to recommend the type of aesthetic treatments suitable for you. Although, all have one goal which is to shine those pearly whites.
Why not read here on the facts of teeth whitening?
General Dentistry Treatments
For those niggling to severe dental concerns, there are a variety of treatments available to correct your concerns and make way for straight and healthy teeth. Here are the more popular general treatments:
- Dental Implants – Improve bone stimulation with a natural-looking implant to keep your teeth strong
- Root Canal – Save as much of your tooth decayed tooth with a crown to remove your trauma
- Fillings – Restore your tooth’s appearance and function with a temporary filling
- Dentures – Save your smile with an artificial replacement to hold your teeth in place
Do You Need A Smile Makeover?
There are a variety of cosmetic treatments that will successfully deliver that youthful, shiny appearance to your smile. No matter the state of your teeth say hello to renewed confidence and self-esteem.
Do You Have Dental Concerns?
No matter if your teeth are decayed or damaged, there are a variety of treatments that will improve the health of your teeth so your mouth can function naturally. Your overall oral health will remain positively intact.
Contact Dentist Sunbury today and let us help you deliver the oral care you need.